Sunday, February 14, 2010

Did you know...

A brief morning tidbit: according to my friends at Ginghamsburg Church, the most frequently viewed page (except for the home page, of course) on a church Web site is the pastor's bio.

If you think about it, this makes sense.  They don't need directions (yet) or a full calendar of events.  They want to know whether they are interested in visiting at all.  One of the key factors is whether they feel some connection with the pastor.  In my experience, an increasing number of visitors to my church have already listened to one of my sermons online before deciding to attend.

I don't really want to get into arguments about whether this is good or bad, or whether this is an artifact of the celebrity-driven culture we live in.  It is what it is.  Think about what you want to say about you - because people will be reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment